Friday, September 23, 2011

A simple Windows Firewall question..?

How do I prevent a program from connecting using the Windows Firewall? I am currently running Windows XP SP2. I've ran into this advice before:



Click Start Control Panel %26gt; Security %26gt; Windows Firewall %26gt; Change Settings, and click Continue if prompted by UAC.



2. Click on the Advanced tab.



3. Check the applications that you wish to unblock.

Uncheck the applications that you wish to block.



I tried following this, but then I realized this is probably for Vista, seeing as there are no applications on the %26quot;Advanced%26quot; tab. It's pretty frustrating not being able to block connections when I know it's a very simple thing to do and have done it before. I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advanced.A simple Windows Firewall question..?who cares?
  • Experiences with best bed sheets and ones to avoid
  • private myspace
  •