Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cannot connect to internet wireless-Windows XP Pro?

I just installed Windows XP Pro over Linux on my daughter's laptop. I deleted Ubuntu in the partition and everything went well...



Until I tried to find a wireless connection. I went to:

Start

Control Panel

Network and Internet Connections

Network Connections

HELP suggests looking for View Available wireless networks under Network Tasks



There isn't a wireless option!



I have these options:

Create a new connection

set up a home or small office network

change windows firewall settings



The only icon showing is 1394 Connection Connected Firewall



I turned off my firewall and still can't get it up and running. I cannot find anywhere to view wireless networks.



I have numerous items connected to our wireless. Any suggestions on how to get this up and running???Cannot connect to internet wireless-Windows XP Pro?You're going to need to install the drivers for your wireless card, and for all devices connected to your computer. Since you just installed a new OS, it needs all the drivers so it can make your hardware function correctly.Cannot connect to internet wireless-Windows XP Pro?reinstall your wireless card