Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DNS and key ports problem?

For over two years now there has been problems with my DNS and key ports.

A lot of the time when i try to go on a browser, it cannot connect to the internet. My wireless is connected. I troubleshoot it on windows live messenger and it flags the dns and key ports. everything else is fine, but it won't connect. I don't even wanna get into how annoying it is. Sometimes it works, other times(most of the time) it doesn't.

The problem is not in my computer, because any computer connected to my wireless has the same problem.

I've tried resetting the router, changing firewall settings.

Please help, its really really inconvenient. Like I literally waited 20 minutes to send this question it because it wasn't working.DNS and key ports problem?%26quot;The problem is not in my computer, because any computer connected to my wireless has the same problem.%26quot;



All computers have the same problem, so the problem must be with the wireless router. Its obviously not working correctly. Try changing the channel it broadcasts on. Also, try moving it to a more central location if possible. Finally, since you think its DNS related, change the DNS servers its using. Two I know off the top of my head are 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2.