Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gateway Laptop issues? Please, Please help.?

So I have a Gateway laptop, and I've had since Christmas 07. It has been a great computer.

But nowww.

I can't login to my Gmail, Yahoo, or Myspace account on it. But I was able to before. So has anybody had this problem, and got it fixed, or does anybody know how to fix it?

I have tried everything I can find on this problem.

Like changing firewall settings, restoring defaults.

Proxy settings too.

Even though I don't know if I did that right.

When I go to sign into these sites it says %26quot;Page Not Found%26quot;

I am using Internet Explroer 8

I haven't changes anything major in my computer so I could login to all of these sites before the day I couldn't login to them.

Nope, no reinstallation of anything.

It is a windows XP.



I just tried installing Opera 9.6 and Firefox. So I'm sure it is the computer..NOT internet explorer/



PLEASE HELP.Gateway Laptop issues? Please, Please help.?It sounds like the sites are being blocked or the IP's are being redirected to a dead end. A few things to try if you haven't already... 1) Try connecting through a friend's internet connection to be sure it's not your router that is blocking it. 2) try not just changing firewall settings, but temporarily shutting off windows firewall, rebooting, then trying again to see if you can connect. 3) temporarily rename your hosts file to be sure it is not redirecting the connection to a dead end (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) 4) use system restore to temporarily roll the system back to a time before you had connection problems. 5) could/would someone with administrator rights have possibly installed an invisible program with parental controls that block selected sites? You may have already tried all of this, but I hope these suggestions helps get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck.