Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I unblock websites from my firewall and hide my computer from others on my home network?

So, I know next to nothing about computers, but my brother is pretty good at figuring things out. We have a Netgear wireless router/firewall at my house (without password protection or anything like that) and he uses it to watch what I'm doing on the internet and he blocks me from certain websites. He controls everything even though he doesn't have permission to do so from my mother. Right now, he's got it so that I can't go on facebook after midnight, and it's annoying me greatly. How can I get onto the firewall and change what he's done, and maybe retaliate a bit? Also, how can I get it so he can't see what I do while on the internet?

ThanksHow can I unblock websites from my firewall and hide my computer from others on my home network?Netgear has an online manual that should answer all your questions.

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:GYw