Friday, September 23, 2011

My website which is on a shared server is blocked by the china firewall.Is it possible to change my website IP?

can i change my websites IP address(my host provider wont do it for me)and will this maybe resolve the china issue.



If yes how can i do that?My website which is on a shared server is blocked by the china firewall.Is it possible to change my website IP?The only way you'll probably be able to do this is to change hosts like I did.

I know this problem and have had it myself before.

I now keep my sites hosted with http://www.hostmonsterplus.com and haven't had any problems since.



They have a great offer and are fairly cheap.

So good luck, and hi from Harbin up north where it's freezing.



If you have any troubles, feel free to PM me and I'll try and help, but I don't think you should if you go with them.My website which is on a shared server is blocked by the china firewall.Is it possible to change my website IP?It might be easier to use a proxy service so you don't have to change your website's IP, as it can get blocked again. Try www.freedur.com, it lets you bypass China's firewall and the program is very nicely made.

Report Abuse

My website which is on a shared server is blocked by the china firewall.Is it possible to change my website IP?YES change service providers