Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I get rid of port blocking in Windows Firewall?

I'm trying to use Bit Comet, but I can't seem to be able to get past the blocked Listen Port. I had a firewall from my ISP, so I decided to shut that one down and use the Windows Firewall instead, but that didn't help one bit. PF Checker Tool still says the port is blocked, while I have it opened in the router. Is there some way to change this in Windows Firewall?How can I get rid of port blocking in Windows Firewall?you don't want to get rid of port blocking - that is the purpose of the firewall - you want to open up individual ports or applications



In vista, In the windows firewall control panel select %26quot;allow a program through windows firewall%26quot; and add your program.



in XP, in the windows firewall control panel, click the exceptions tab and add your program.How can I get rid of port blocking in Windows Firewall?sorry never had enough respect for windows to study the firewall feature. I dont think it has an advanced user interface. Though you should search google to findout more about the windows firewall.



if you have a commercial firewall product there are options to unblock ports and port forward.



You also may need to do fort forwarding on your router in order for the app to communicate freely