Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change NAT settings on a Linksys WRT54GS router?

I was trying to play a game of Halo 3 online with a friend, however it won't let me join a game with him because it says my NAT settings are too high. How can I change the setting so that I can play Halo 3 online?How do I change NAT settings on a Linksys WRT54GS router?This worked for me. Do both of them and see if it works for you.



1) Go to the Security tab, then the Firewall section. Uncheck %26quot;Filter Internet NAT Redirection%26quot; and click on Save Settings.



2) Go to the Administration tab, then the Management section. Set UPnP to Enable. Click on Save Settings. This will cause your router to cycle, so you may momentarily lose your internet connection.



Retest the network on your Xbox 360 and NAT should be listed as Open.How do I change NAT settings on a Linksys WRT54GS router?Thanks I had the same question.

Report Abuse

How do I change NAT settings on a Linksys WRT54GS router?You need to find out what ports the game needs and then forward those ports on the router to your machine's private IP address. You also need to open these ports in your firewall.How do I change NAT settings on a Linksys WRT54GS router?If you still have the documentation that came with the router, check Ch.3, page 15, on the section titled %26quot;Applications and Gaming %26gt; Port Range Forward%26quot;. This should take you step by step on enabling ports for the game.