Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change my Windows Firewall default setting back to on (for boot up)?

Somebody changed it so when I re-boot, it switches from on to off. They wanted to gain remote access to my computer (it's a long story). I know how to turn it on from the Control Panel...but it won't stay on. He put something on my computer that switched default from on to off. Please help.

I'm running Windows XP Home EditionHow do I change my Windows Firewall default setting back to on (for boot up)?Start

Settings

Control panel

Administrative tools

services

Scroll down to Windows firewall



If it says manual or disabled, double click it then click and change the window to automatic



If that don't help. go back, highlight Windows again, click stop, then click restart...Make sure it is still in automatic