Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do i change my firewall setting to install the yahoo messenger version 9?

okay. here's the deal. I've tried the suggestions of those who said that i should turn off my firewall when i download ym %26amp; install it, but it didn't work. Also, yahoo messenger is an exception to my firewall, which if I may add, uses no proxies. I also followed another instruction that there should be no yahoo program installed in my computer. Again, installation didn't work. Yahoo antispy (which again is a suggestion) didn't work.



I don't know what else to do! HELP.. :(How do i change my firewall setting to install the yahoo messenger version 9?My wife downloaded yahoo messenger 9 and she didn't have to turn off our firewall on our computer or nothing, and it only took her a couple of minutes to do it. I have yahoo messenger 8 and my wife is currently using yahoo messenger 9. Hope my answer was helpful?How do i change my firewall setting to install the yahoo messenger version 9?GOOOOD LUCK WITH THAT 9.0 VERSION



If you don't install the 9.0 messenger correctly, it will not work (most people with the same problem as you, are trying to Install the 9.0 version).



It has to be,,,Run as the Administrator.



I think if you Right click on the downloaded .exe after you download it, you will be able to Run as Administrator. If that is all too confusing you can,,,



Do this,,,,





Click on Start Button/ Settings/ Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs.



DUMP anything that says Yahoo Messenger (toolbar, address book etc etc etc) they will be listed at the bottom of that window if there are any), and go to this website,,,,,



http://www.oldversion.com



Scroll down (at the bottom of the page on the Left is Yahoo Messenger). Versions 3-8 are there to choose from. I PERSONALLY SUGGEST 7.0.





BE SAFE



Cheri



PS. No, you will NOT lose any Contacts from a previous version you ran, they are all saved on Yahoos Sever and will transfer to whatever version you install.